The other day I was talking with my roommate about classes, how I’ve developed a binge-watching addiction on Netflix and that my motivation was at an all-time low. I realized that I had reached my mid-semester slump. Like any good roommate she suggested that we go downtown on a Monday night, forget our responsibilities and just have fun. Although it was tempting, I had to be somewhat responsible and say no in lieu of my test later that week. She then suggested that we go to a concert, knowing that I couldn’t say no to that.
When I looked at The Blue Note concert schedule for this week and saw Valentino Khan was performing Saturday it was almost as if the music gods had answered my prayers. I don’t know if it was the timing, the fact that I was scheduled a morning shift that day, or that I just really love his music (or a mix of all three), but I’ve never been so excited for a concert. Here’s some reasons you should be just as excited as I am:
1. The perfect excuse to let loose. TREAT YOURSELF.
2. Live music with good friends never disappoints. Whether you’re having a terrible week or a great week and just looking for something to top it off, live music with good company is always the solution.
3. Every time the beat drops I feel a sense of satisfaction and that’s a feeling you can’t pass up. You know when the music keeps building and building and building and then finally… it drops and you just look at your friend like “ohhhh my god :-)” In that moment you forget about everything but the music and it’s impossible to not love that feeling.
Here’s a song that I think defines that feeling.
P.S. It’s an amazing song in general.
4. I can skip the gym without feeling bad. Because I’ll be dancing my booty off.
5. His openers are pretty awesome and that always makes a concert 100x better. He has two openers, MedusA and Henrik the Artist. Here is a little taste of them:
6. And last but certainely not least, Valentino Khan is not just an EDM producer. He’s a man of many talents. He’s an A-list producer, an EDM creator and most importantly a full-time partier – he will put on the perfect show for anyone who is looking for a good time.
This post was written by Erin Curry, contributing writer for The Blue Note and Rose Blog.