Every hyper-commercialized and well over due needed break deserves some tunes to jam along to while traveling. Traveling could mean high tailing a 14 hour car drive across the country to driving up the street to Wally World to indulge yourself in a new off brand of ice cream because that is all you can afford.
Regardless of your travels this break, I present to you a playlist of 10 Spring break tunes, enjoy.
1. Go Outside – Cults
It’s necessary to start with Cults debut song Go Outside, it just is.
2. Come Alive – Chromeo (feat. Toro y Moi)
Tell me this song doesn’t make you feel good about life.
3. Killing Switch – Last Lynx
Roll down your windows and put your cheap sunglasses on to this slow groover.
4. Grown Up – Danny Brown
Don’t act your age over break, life’s too short for that.
5. Today’s supernatural – Animal Collective
If you need something weird yet somehow always enjoyable to tune out too, animal collective always delivers.
6. State of the Art (A.E.I.O.U) – Jim James
Because he’s a god of musical giftings.
7. Drop The Game – Flume, Chet Faker
For my semi-dub junkies out there.
8. Mouthful of Diamonds – Phantogram
Why are they so hip.
9. Never Going Back Again – Fleetwood Mac
Throwing it back to the simple days (even though this is off a more recent album).
10. Cuddle Fuddle – Passion Pit
Anything by passion pit suffices as good spring break jams in my book.
11. Purple Yellow Red & Blue- Portugal. The Man
A good way to end a playlist, wouldn’t you agree?
Post written by Erica Whyman, contributing writer for The Blue Note.