So I’ve had this vision to incorporate music and some sort of mission. Mission as in linking this music thing we all have in common to doing good for the lives of others. Music reaches vast audiences in uniquely diverse ways, different from the next, so I decided hey, lets put a battle of the bands benefit concert together.
Here it goes.
In collaboration with Mizzou Music Management (MMM), I present Battle for Benefit: A battle of the bands benefiting World Vision.
World Vision is international entity that creates child sponsorships for children all around the world, providing humanitarian efforts and leading families out of hostile living environments. Learn more about World Vision here. It won’t be a waste of your time.
We are currently accepting submissions!
SO if you are a local Columbia artist/band and are in school — high school, college, grad school — we want you to apply. The winning band will receive MMM services for Fall 2014 which includes (and is not limited to):
- Promotion of a new album
- Planning a local concert etc.
- AND THEN: Free recording studio time with KCOU 88.1 FM.
Here’s the submission form. You know what to do. Deadline for submission is March 19.
Reasons to be interested if you’re NOT in a band:
- The show will be on the outdoor set up stage at Mojo’s on May 3rd. What better way to spend a Saturday evening than outside listening to good music?
- The Biscuit Truck will be there!! We are all sad Pizza Tree is gone, but here is another way to get your munchies on at Mojo’s!
- Tickets are only $5, and ALL proceeds will be donated
- Support local artists and win a chance for some free concert tickets and other doorway prizes.
For more info, find Mizzou Music Management on Facebook.
Post written by Erica Whyman, contributing writer for The Blue Note.